Life sure feels chock full of great stuff at the moment. It could be the sleep deprivation, the leftover Halloween candy or the beer (good for milk supply!) or a combo of all three talking, but I’m pretty sure God is just that good to us.
Today I’m thankful for:
– Mama Syd and the 10 days she was able to stay with us. She did loads of shopping, did laundry like it was her J-O-B, whipped the closets into shape, did a full two days yard work (with the bruises to prove it) and loved on all the kids. When we saw her off today Ellie and I had a good cry.
– that Mama Syd, Papa Chris and the Wyeth’s will be back in Rapid in just 13 days. Woot!
– the Hofer’s who took our kids for the afternoon and played with them until they were tuckered out, sent Jac and I off to lunch and packaged up fresh gingerbread cookies for us to bring home. Awesome.
– nights with mostly sleeping from a growing babe. Sleep makes everything better.
– listening to Jac play guitar and sing in the large chapel at Terra Sancta. For a half hour it was a concert just for me and Lu.
– hearing Gemma say, “Hi, Lulu!” in her cheeriest voice when we picked them up this evening.
– friends who got the chance to hold a sleeping baby during Mass and adoration.
– Fr. Mark and his zeal. Ask him about the Holy Spirit, I dare ya.
– folks who read and enjoy this little ‘ol blog. Shout out Johnny and Theresa!
– Stephanie Hurd and her apple pie (Tart? Crostata?) that she brought us. Apples, spice, pecan crumble topping! Best. Pie. Ever. And you know how I feel about pies. . .
– a husband that makes me rest, changes diapers and keeps us all put together.
– Quiet night hours with a bright-eyed baby.
You? What is great about life at the moment?