Things we’ve been hearing around here include:
– Monday barking. A LOT. The new neighbor across the street came over and asked if we could muzzle her because she has a newborn and the baby won’t sleep with the dog’s noise. First, I was embarrassed then angry. Baby’s don’t sleep, honey! Don’t blame our dog!
– “Match Make-oh, Match Make-oh, Make me a ma-a-a-atch!” sung for very long periods at very high decibels. The STM spring musical was Fiddler on the Roof and we spent a few days watching rehearsals and helping with things. We’ve been hearing lots and lots of quotes and singing from the show.
– Ellie’s new found high-pitched shriek followed by her laugh. The kids love to make her do this.
– The boys having a hootenanny upstairs while they should be napping. Spring fever has set in.
– “How many more days until summer gets here?” as asked by Philip 10 bajillion times a day. How do I break it to the boy that we usually don’t see summer in these parts until July? He is a Californian at heart.
– Me repeating things 10 gazillion times. we’re having issues with obedience. I know the answer is to ask them once and then follow through. But have to tried to drag a flailing 7 or 5 or 3 year old (or 11 month old dog . . .) up the stairs? It’s a ton of work and, have I mentioned, I’m lazy?
– Me cursing the arrival of stinking ants . . .
– Rain! Thunder!
– Lawn mowers. Not ours, of course. It hasn’t reached Tess’s knees yet . . .
– Birds! With Monday around, they stayed away all winter. But the nice weather and the advent of the dog on a chain (long story . . .) means they have gotten brave. And a few have returned to our “poop tree.” They sound delicious.
What do you hear?